Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Aloha Ohana!!


Aloha ohana!! (ohana means family) :D
Wow, the day came ohana! It came! I can't believe I'm in Hawaii! It's the most beautiful place on earth and I can't believe I get to serve here. It almost doesn't seem fair.
This week was so wonderful and crazy and full of miracles that's for sure. There were miracles of all kinds actually. First off, you probably heard that I got in a car accident my first day in the field......Welcome to Hawaii! haha we were driving to morning exercise when this huge truck turned in to the road we were turning out of and he totally t-boned us! He was going 30 mph and smacked us on the driver's side. We flew back 20 feet and the airbags went off. Luckily, my trainer Sister Johnston and I weren't hurt. We both had to get out on the passenger's side though because the driver's side was destroyed. You can imagine our week was nuts after that with all the paper work, doctor's appointments, phone calls, oh and missionary work since were missionaries over here :D At the doctor's, we were prescibed medication for whiplash AND we have to get massages twice a week for six weeks. Rough right? Can't say I'm complaining about the massages part. I feel bad for the man who hit us though, since he has to pay for it all. Oh! Which speaking of him, we learned that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor, because guess who is the Bishop of the ward we're serving in?.... Yep, the guy who hit us. Of course. Good one.
But know that I'm totally fine and spic and spam! If I didn't think the Lord was going to protect me on my mission before, He sure let me know this week. :D
Man, missionary work rocks! Have I mentioned that? It's even more awesome now that I'm in the field too. My area is Laie, which is on the North Shore. It's super tiny and adorable. The people here are the humblest, and nicest people I have ever met. We are fed everyday, or twice or three times a day. It's Hawaii :D I'm two seconds away from the temple which is gorgeous, the PCC, and BYU Hawaii. Want to know something about Laie that I didn't know before? 95% of the people are LDS here. 95%! It's awesome because eveyone says hi to us or gives us free stuff whenever we walk by, but when it comes to finding and baptizing... it's a little tough. There are also so many missionaries here so we're all just trying to find people to teach. Half the day, I'm at the Temple Visitor's Center too which is awesome! I get to wear this huge bright blue muumuu and everyone who walks in wants our pictuure. I'm still learning how to give tours, but the ones I have given have been incredible. Who knew giving tours could be such a powerful tool for bringing others unto Christ. Sister Johnston and I gave this tour that actually made me more converted to my Savior. We all felt the the spirit so strongly. Someone from the group asked if we could all just kneel and pray because they were feeling something they had never felt before. We prayed and committed them to be baptized and they accepted! They totally knew it was true from that one tour and I'll never forget it. The spirit truly does testify of Christ and truth. There's nothing like it.
Well ohana, I have to go because we're going the the PCC now! Whoo! (missionaries get to go there for free btw) I'll have to tell you all about it. Know that I love you, and more importantly, God loves you. Have the best week! You got this :D Aloha!
Love always,
Sister Annen

No comments:

Post a Comment