Thursday, February 21, 2013

World is Our Oyster

Aloha and Talofa!
This is after only 5 minutes of rain!
When it rains, it pours.....I always say! ha  :)

I say Talofa because Sister Mckeever and I got to go to the Samoan ward last Sunday and it was legit! Ah I love Polynesians! Most of it was in Samoan and even though I hardly understood what was being said, I understood that the spirit is universal. The spirit speaks when truth is spoken no matter if you can understand or not. I felt it so strongly as I sang the hymns in Samoan and listened to testimonies being born in Samoan. What a blessing.

We gave the tram tours on Thursday and Saturday, which now that I think about it, I can't remember if I've ever really talked how that all goes down! So first off, we get to wear another sick-looking muumuu with our brown Hawaiian slippers. I'm too lucky I tell ya. And then the tram takes us to the Polynesian Cultural Center where we invite everyone there to take the tram tour to the Temple Visitor's Center. Now it's so awesome because I meet people from literally ALL over the world. A huge chunk of them are Asians. Some of them have never seen a white girl or blonde hair before so they'll come up to me and just stare with their cute little eyes. It's adorable. And then they'll want a picture because they've never seen anything like it before! (As sisters, we are in so many random tourist pictures from all over the world. Most missionaries have doors slammed in their face...we have our pictures taken.)

There was a cute little old man who saw me and then went up to one of the Japanese sisters and said something to her in Japanese. She then turned to me and said, "He wants me to tell you, that you are one beautiful woman!" I looked at the cute old man and he just blushed and ran away. ha so cute. My mission guys...it's not even fair. 

Ah I have so much more to say and I have to go already, what happened?? Well, I'll type way faster next week and tell you more. For now, you guys have have HAVE to see the mormon message "Earthly Father, Heavenly Father"! It's incredible and can say things way better than I can. But watch it and report back on what you think. I know it's true.

Well I love you bunches my favorite family in the whole wide world! Know that you have a number one fan all away across the ocean!

Love and much aloha,
Sister Annen


No comments:

Post a Comment