Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Stretched Out Still


Wow what a week! And I really mean it too. I feel like I say that every week, but it's so true being a missionary! Every week is either the craziest, or hardest, or happiest, or funniest, or shortest week. There's always an -est at the end of whatever it was. Don't know if that makes any sense, but hey!

First off, TRANSFERS! WHOO! I made it through my first one everybody! Can't say it didn't come up fast because it totally did. I'm staying in Laie and finishing up my 12-week training with my momma. aka Sister Johnston. We are changing wards that we're serving in though, and I was totally caught off guard at how sad I am to leave them! You totally come to love each of them. I'm going to miss them even though it's only been a few weeks; but I'm so excited to serve in a family ward now! We've mostly been serving in the BYU student wards and it's so funny because I totally feel like a student when I'm in those wards. I forget that I'm not like everyone else until I see the student's reactions when they see my badge after talking to them for a little bit :) It's all good. 

Sis. Johnston and I are moving from our beautiful beach pad so I'm going to miss living there! Not gonna lie though, I'm not gonna miss waking up to cockroaches or maggots sleeping over every morning, but living on the beach was kinda nice! But hey, living right next to Laie temple is better than any shore I know of so I'm really stoked about that. Really, it's the closest neighbor we have. 

Serving at the Visitor's Center was super awesome this week! It's starting to become more crowded with the holidays and such and so we meet so many people from all over the world. And even better than that, I'll meet people from places that are special to me whether they are places I've been before, or whether they are places my family and friends either are serving now or have served before. It's so cool! I get to take them on tours and get to know them a little bit. And every so often they will self-refer and I can't help but to think that I get to refer them to one of my friends serving in that area! It's the greatest feeling. 

Tons of Koreans come to Hawaii and since Elder Annen is just rocking it over there, I, the second I meet them, I already feel like we're homies! I get so excited, but can't express it to them them except through charades. So help me out here: How do you act out the phrase, "My brother is serving a mission in your home land and because of that, I love you!" It's been one of the tougher ones to act out. 

The VC is beautifully decorated for Christmas too. I can't help but to think that life is so good everyday when I walk in and see the beautiful Christus. I mean, how blessed can you get to see this big magnificent statue of the resurrected Jesus Christ every day? I love how His arms are stretched out and extended to me and to all of us. His arms never change position! It's so symbolic of how He actually is and how He actually expresses His love for us every minute of everyday. I've come to learn that as blessed as I am to see the statue everyday, I know that we can all see and feel Him everyday without physically seeing. Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us so much don't they? What a gift to know that.

I love my Savior with all my heart and know that we can come closer unto Him everyday and be one of His disciples. 

I love you so much my dear family! I'm just dying to talk to you on the phone next week!
Mele Kalikimaka!

Love always,
Sister Annen

No comments:

Post a Comment