Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Greetings From the MTC!




Greetings from the MTC my dearest family! ( MTC means, "Missionary Training Center" by the way. It's what I've learned since I've been here :D )

Wow what a week here in good ol Provo! I can't believe I'm here honestly. My whole life I have wondered what goes on in the MTC! I've always thought of it as Willy Wonka's chocolate factory because I have only seen missionaries go in and come out; but never have I seen what actually goes on inside. But now that I'm here, let me tell you something. There are even more incredible and sweet things being created over here than any candy you could ever taste! It's amazing!

So here's the scoop, the 411: That first day after you guys dropped me off, it was just like Elder JerBear said. I was Put. To. WORK! The two elders who took my luggage, introduced me to my host sister who helped me get my badge (It really does say 'Sister Annen' on it!), find my room, and find my classroom. It was in class where I met my companion, Sister Mckeever. She is awesome! She's from Orange County, California (Lake Forrest I think, if you remember when you lived in Mission Viejo Mom :D) She's 31 and a sweetheart. We instantly clicked and in a way she's sort of a mommy figure to me. haha it's great.
In class, I met my district where they are eight elders and four sisters. I have the best District! We have learned so much in class, and I can't wait to tell you more about that when I have time...ha said the missionaries at the MTC NEVER! Ha we have no time especially the first week since we have so many new missionary orientations and classes and things. It's awesome though because I have no time to be homesick or sad. What I've come to appreciate is sleep! It's like gold here! The days are packed with the most wonderful and spiritual classes, and devotions, and discussion and by the end of the day, everyone is wiped out. The spirit is incredible and it really takes it out of us. Everyone is on a spiritual high and it's obvious that thousands of prayers are said IN the MTC and FOR the MTC. We really are blessed here.
Just from these first few days, I can tell that my mission is going to fly by! Really I'm so excited for what is to come because of what I have already learned here. I could leave today and feel like a totally different person and I can't go back.
Ah my time is up! But know that I love you all and miss you so so much! Make this week count and I can't wait to talk to you next week! Love you!

This church is so true and God loves you!

Love,
Sister Annen

No comments:

Post a Comment